Officer Development Program
Developing Future Leaders of the Bank
The Officer Development Program at Amegy Bank is a traditional credit training program designed to develop credit analysts into well-rounded lenders who will be the company's future leaders. The program is organized to provide continuing growth and challenge at a tailored pace to advance toward officer responsibilities.
The Program trains Credit Analysts for the Houston, Dallas and San Antonio markets. The initial classroom training takes place at both Amegy's corporate headquarters in Houston and at Zions Bancorporation’s headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah. Recruits hired for the Dallas and San Antonio markets can expect to spend their first five to six months of employment in Houston.
The Officer Development Program offers:
- A solid foundation in the basics of banking
- A defined career path that begins with classroom training as an analyst and evolves into an apprenticed sales role
- One-on-one working relationships with high-level bank decision makers
- The opportunity to apply finance and accounting skills to assess credit and business risk
- Increasing business development and relationship management responsibilities
- Very competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to get exposure to Amegy’s parent company, Zions Bancorporation in Utah
Amegy Bank is looking for highly motivated self-starters who have:
- Earned a BBA in finance or accounting
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Completed a minimum of 9 hours of accounting including Intermediate I
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, and proven problem solving abilities
- Leadership skills and community involvement
- Internship or prior work experience is a plus
Choose one of the following links to explore the program and determine if Amegy’s Officer Development Program is a good fit for you.
ODP Credit Analyst Program Format
ODP Business Banking Credit Analyst Program Format
A Day in the Life of a Credit Analyst
Frequently Asked Questions