Technology Tools to Optimize Remote Work
Investing in technology can help create a more efficient workflow, which is essential when managing a remote workforce. Check out these tools and apps to help remote employees stay connected.
We’ve experienced a rapid shift to remote working in the past year, with 69% of full-time workers in the U.S. working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.1 Data also suggests that remote working may be here to stay as employers and employees are seeing the positives of remote work trends.
Working from home provides flexibility for navigating the challenges facing businesses and employees today. Investing in technology and tools can help you create a more connected and efficient workflow, which is essential when managing an increasingly remote workforce. Success hinges on the quick adoption of technology tools and investment in training to help employees work effectively in virtual settings.
Remote Work Essentials
Here’s a list of mobile apps and tools to help employees stay on track with communication and collaboration while working from home. Some of these tools have free versions that include access to basic features with the option for more robust plans when you pay a monthly subscription fee.
1. Asana® is a project management tool that provides a platform for organizing work, schedules, files and tasks all in one place.
2. Dropbox™ is a cloud-based platform for securely storing and sharing files among team members, clients and vendors.
3. Google Drive™ provides a secure hub for creating, accessing and sharing files. Google Drive syncs with each employee’s local drive to help ensure they’re working on the most up-to-date files, whether they’re in the office or working from home.
4. Slack® helps streamline team communication with instant group or private chats, direct messaging and file sharing.
5. Tandem™ creates a virtual office with the opportunity to collaborate in the app using a shared cursor and other features, while also integrating with your existing tools.
6. Timezone.io™ is an app that provides an at-a-glance view of the local time for team members in different time zones across the world.
7. Trello® allows you to track your team’s workflow, assign tasks and due dates, tag team members and share documents and images needed to complete a project.
8. Zoom™ is a highly popular videoconferencing app that allows you to stream audio and video and share your screen.
Manage Your Finances Remotely
Stay connected to your accounts with mobile banking for business. Amegy Bank’s mobile banking app1 includes mobile deposit and other features for managing your accounts wherever you are. Go to the Apple App Store®, Google Play™ or the Amazon App Store for Android™ and search “Amegy Mobile Banking.”
1 Source: Owl Labs 2020 State of Remote Work Report
The information provided is presented for general informational purposes only and does not constitute tax, legal, or business advice. Any views expressed in this article may not necessarily be those of Amegy Bank. Amegy Bank is a division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A. Member FDIC.
( 1 ) Subject to data coverage. Mobile banking requires enrollment in online banking. Message and data charges from your wireless provider may apply.