Ways to Increase Online Revenue in 2021
Ready to grow your business? Set the stage for success by taking advantage of opportunities to boost online revenue in 2021.
Online revenue will be one of the biggest growth opportunities in the coming year, with consumers continuing to shift from in-store to online and mobile shopping. Staying connected to your customers online is essential in keeping them engaged and spending money with your brand. Here are seven ways to focus your efforts on increasing online revenue:
- Increase web traffic. Whether you already have a strong web presence or you’re trying to ramp up as more shoppers go online, finding ways to get more customers on your website is a key driver for online revenue. Focus your efforts on marketing tactics such as paid search, social media, organic search engine optimization and content marketing.
- Make your site mobile friendly. It’s essential to optimize your website for mobile users so they can easily find key information and make a purchase. A responsive website design automatically optimizes the page content for whatever size screen is being used.
- Focus on user experience. User experience testing can help ensure your site is intuitively designed and easy to navigate. A good user experience connects your customers to the products they’re looking for and encourages them to spend time (and money) with your brand.
- Improve conversion rates. A targeted approach using e-commerce personalization can help convert web traffic into paying customers. When your marketing approach is informed by data, you can show relevant offers and content to your customers.
- Gather insights. A simple survey can uncover the secrets to online sales. Learning about your customers can help you confirm what’s working well (and not so well) on your website. Sometimes the biggest customer pain points are relatively low-cost and easy to fix.
- Engage customers with retargeting. Remind those who previously interacting with your website to come back and make a purchase with retargeting ads. Retargeting campaigns can be structured to engage customers who visited your site or abandoned their shopping carts.
- Streamline online payment. The last hurdle to clear is getting your customers to complete their transactions. This is the stage where you can lose a sale if the checkout process is unclear or time-consuming. Offering user-friendly and convenient payment options can help boost your online sales. Find out how accepting payments online gives your business an edge.
As you look ahead for opportunities in 2021, lean on digital technology, including tools and apps to help you run your business. Advanced payment acceptance technologies also provide a global view of insights and opportunities for increasing sales and improving customer service. Connect with a business banker at Amegy Bank to learn more about merchant services, digital banking and other strategies to grow your receivables.