Amegy Bank offers our cardholders several digital payment options, so you can enjoy the one that's right for you. As a digital payment customer, you can experience a simple, personal and convenient way to pay every day.
Ready to enable your Amegy Bank debit and credit cards for digital payments? Get started using the links below.
Digital Payment Options
| || |
| AVAILABLE FOR: ||iPhone® |
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
Paired with iPhone 5 or later
iPad ProTM, iPad Air® 2,
iPad miniTM 4, iPad mini 3
| Android devices with: |
OS 4.4 (KitKat) or later
| LEARN MORE or |
|Android Pay |
| || |
| || |
| AVAILABLE FOR: |
|Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note 5, |
Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6,
Galaxy S6 active
| LEARN MORE or |
| Samsung Pay |
|Visa Checkout® |
Simple. Personal. Convenient.
A digital payment refers to the use of a completely electronic transaction between the buyer and seller, replacing the use of exchanging cash, checks or physically swiping or inserting a card.
Digital payments are an increasingly popular way to pay for both goods and services. Customers that use digital payments enjoy the convenience of having payment capability easily available, as well as payment simplicity.
Here are some example scenarios:
- You go to the gym and just grab your keys & phone, leaving your wallet or purse at home for safety and to travel light. On your way home, you realize you need milk for your breakfast. Instead of going home to get your money or card, you simply stop off at the store and make your payment using the card you’ve enabled on your phone.
- You’re watching TV and you see a commercial for a local restaurant. You grab your iPhone that’s sitting next to you and you search Groupon for a discount coupon. You find one and easily make the purchase using Apple Pay, which offers in-app purchases simply using TouchIDTM.
- You’re shopping online from your computer and find something you want to buy. Your wallet or purse is in another room. No worries, though, with Visa Checkout® you can complete your purchase without getting your card and entering in your card details. You simply use Visa’s one-click option and you’re done.
The technology behind digital payments has developed with increased security in mind. A key technology is tokenization. Tokenization is a process that replaces the primary account number with a one-time value called a token. A token is only good for that one transaction. If that token was stolen, it would be meaningless for any other transaction.
Not all merchants can process digital payments today. However, as merchants further adopt the technology needed to process digital payments, this payment method will continue to grow making digital payments more ubiquitous.
There is no cost1 to enable your Amegy Bank debit or credit cards for digital payments. If you’re interested in exploring which digital payment options are right for you, visit the links above for each payment option.
Understanding Digital Payment Security
As an Amegy Bank cardholder, you receive the same great services even when making digital payments.
24/7 Fraud Monitoring
We’re always monitoring your account for suspicious activity and will attempt to contact you if we see something unusual. To ensure the best possible service, please maintain accurate contact information with the bank. To check to see if your information is up-to-date, log in to Online Banking or call 800-287-0301.
With Zero Liability you can shop with confidence, knowing you will not be held liable for any unauthorized purchases made with your card or account information.
Keep close track of purchases made with your card. Purchase Alerts are a one-way text communication that sends you notifications based on criteria you select. With Purchase Alerts, you have near real-time visibility of signature-based purchases via notifications sent to your mobile device or by email. Learn more about free enrollment here.
Mobile Card Fraud Alerts4
Register for our Mobile Card Fraud Alert service to receive a text message any time we see a potentially fraudulent transaction on your account. Learn more about free enrollment here.
Trademarks used are the property of their registered owner and Amegy Bank is neither affiliated with nor endorses these companies or their products/services.
- Amegy Bank does not charge for setting-up mobile payment services. However, standard text message and data rates from your mobile phone carrier may apply. Available services are subject to change without notice. See Terms and Conditions for complete details.
- Zero Liability - Cardholder is not responsible for fraudulent charges made with their card or account information as long as they promptly notify Amegy Bank of unauthorized card use. Disputed transactions must post to your account before provisional credit will be issued. For specific conditions, limitations, and other details, please call the number on the back of your card.
- Purchase Alerts -Must be enrolled in Online Banking to enroll in Purchase Alerts. PIN-based debit card transactions are not eligible to receive alerts. Messages and data rates from your wireless provider may apply. Actual time to receive alert is dependent on wireless service and coverage within area.
- Mobile Card Fraud Alerts - Amegy Bank does not charge for this service. However, standard text message and data rates from your mobile phone carrier may apply. Available services are subject to change without notice. See Terms and Conditions for complete details.