How Card Processing Works
Understand how your accounts are funded
If you're new to credit or debit card processing, here's a simple illustration of Amegy Bank's process.
Processing Payment Transactions
Depositing Funds Into Your Account
Your clients pay with their credit or debit cards and here’s how the funds reach your account:
- The transaction is sent to the client's card issuer to receive approval or denial.
- If the cardholder has sufficient available credit, approval is granted.
- The charge amount is processed in approximately 3-5 seconds.
- The system sends the final settlement to Amegy.
- Amegy deposits the funds into your merchant account.