Helping to Protect Cardholder Information
The major national retailer Target Corp. has announced that information from approximately 70 million credit and debit cards accounts used in its stores between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15, 2013, may have been affected by a data breach.
At Amegy Bank, we have a dedicated team proactively monitoring your accounts throughout the year. Our number one priority in this situation is to ensure we are doing everything we can to protect our customers' personal and financial information. We believe the best way to accomplish this is by closing any cards that were compromised and reissuing new cards. Below are some tips and services to help keep your accounts safe:
- Closely monitor your account activity and immediately report suspicious activity by calling 1-800-287-0301.
- If you receive a new card from us, activate your new card as soon as you can. This will cause the older (compromised) card to be deactivated.
- If you are traveling more than 300 miles away from home, please contact 1-800-287-0301 prior to leaving town so your charges are not suspected as fraud and denied.
- Enroll in Mobile Card Fraud Alert service that automatically alerts you to potentially fraudulent transactions so you can react to fraud fast.
- Enroll in Visa Purchase Alerts to receive one-way text notifications based on purchase criteria you select. This can be done by logging in to Online Banking, navigating to the “Services” tab, and then selecting Purchase Alerts.
- Review your credit reports regularly by visiting .
- Cases of identity theft should be reported to law enforcement or the Federal Trade Commission at or (877) IDTHEFT (438-4338).
If you have any questions, or if we can provide additional help, please call 1-800-287-0301 or visit your nearest Amegy Bank banking center.
Thank you for choosing to do business with Amegy Bank.