Smart Yield Checking® Apply Now
Go Green. Earn Rewards.
Tailor-made for clients who enjoy the convenience of electronic banking and want to be paid for a higher interest rate by going paperless.
Account Features & Benefits
- Low minimum opening balance
- No per-check charge
- Earn higher interest on balances
- Six (6) free, non-Amegy Bank ATM transactions per statement cycle. International transactions (outside of the U.S.) fees will apply.
- One (1) Companion Amegy Household Checking Account
- Optional overdraft protection
- Available Personal Relationship Packages: Amegy Advantage Personal Relationship Package , Relationship Money Market, CD Relationship,
- Complimentary: Amegy Bank ATMs, Visa® Debit Card, Basic Online Banking with Bill Pay1, Mobile Banking with Bill Pay1, eDocuments, Telephone Banking, and Amegy Purchase Alerts® on Amegy debit or credit cards
|Balance ||Interest Rate ||APY* |
|The portion of the balance less than or equal to $25,000.00 |
|0% ||0% |
|The portion of the balance greater than $25,000 ||0.20% ||0.20% |
|If account requirements below are not met ||0.05% ||0.05% |
- Have direct deposit of payroll, social security, or retirement benefits or two (2) ACH debits
- Make at least 10 net signature-based transactions with your Amegy Debit Card every month or $700 monthly net spend with your Amegy Personal Credit Card2
- Log in to your Amegy Personal Online Banking at least once a month
- Receive eStatements
- Maintain a valid email address
Minimum opening deposit: $50
Monthly maintenance fee: $10
Minimum Average Monthly Balance to Avoid Maintenance Fee: $500
* Annual Percentage Yield (APY*) is accurate as of viewing date, variable and may change after the account is opened at the Bank's discretion. An APY of 0% will be paid only for that portion of your daily balance that is $25,000 or less. An APY of 0% will be paid only for that portion of your daily balance that is greater than $25,000. The APY for this account will range from 0% to 0%, depending on the balance in the account. To earn the advertised APY, please see details. Fees may reduce earnings.
Refer to Personal Banking Pricing Schedule
for more information. Standard overdraft fees apply.
Checking accounts can only be enrolled in one relationship package at a time. Please speak to your banker for more information about each package. 1
Internet, mobile and text messaging service provider fees apply. Additional Bill Pay fees apply for expedited delivery services.
2 Normal credit card finance charges may apply for revolving credit card balances that may exceed the earned interest. Credit card spend for the purposes of qualifying your account balance is defined as net spend/purchases made on your personal credit card 30 days prior to your checking account statement cycle date. Spend from one credit card may only be used on one checking account in which you are the primary owner of the credit card and checking account. Primary owner means your name is the first name listed on the account. If you have more than one checking account on which you are primary, the benefit will be applied to the account with the earliest opening date. Credit Card must be in good standing. Any changes made to the ownership or changes in the account status may affect how the credit card spend benefit is assigned.