Credit and Debit Card Travel Tips
Guard against theft and payment interruptions
When traveling overseas, follow the simple steps below to ensure that your trip goes smoothly.
Call the toll free number located on the back of your credit or debit card with the following:
- Travel dates, countries, cities, and when you will return to the U.S.
- Check whether your debit card is subject to daily withdrawal restrictions while abroad so you know how much money is available from an ATM on a daily basis
- Update contact information in case Visa needs to reach you
Remember to keep:
- A record of your card account and telephone numbers in a safe place for reporting lost/stolen cards
- Your transaction receipts
- Visa’s international collect telephone number 801-844-9481