For Amegy Visa® Credit And Debit Cards
Amegy Mobile Card Fraud Alerts1
and Amegy Purchase Alerts1
are services that help to protect you from fraud. Select one of the topics below for more information and learn how you can enroll today.
Amegy Mobile Card Fraud Alerts
Mobile Card Fraud Alerts1 is a two-way text communication generated by our internal Fraud Detection System based on what the bank may deem as a suspicious transaction. The Mobile Card Fraud Alert allows you to respond to the alert, which communicates with our Fraud Detection System. Responding to the alert saves you the time from having to contact the Customer Service Center for legitimate activity. This free1 service will assist us in preventing fraudulent transactions on your cards.
How it Works
View Frequently Asked Questions
- Alerts are sent by text message to your mobile device.
- If a transaction(s) appears suspicious we will send you a text message, usually within minutes1, asking if the transaction(s) is fraudulent and we may place a block on your card.
- Simply reply "Yes" or "No" letting us know if the transaction(s) is fraudulent.
- If you reply "Yes", to confirm fraud, a block will be placed on your card if it has not already been done. Contact Bankcard Customer Service immediately at (800) 509-0806. If you reply "No", we will remove any block that may have been placed and you may continue using your credit or debit card.
- Reply "STOP" at any time to discontinue mobile fraud alerts.
Amegy Purchase Alerts2
With free Visa® Purchase Alerts1 you receive near real-time notifications on select signature-based purchases made with your Amegy Visa® credit or debit card3 activity so you can act quickly to help reduce fraud and monitor your account, wherever you are. You can choose to receive Purchase Alerts through text messages to your mobile device or by email. Purchase Alerts are a one-way text communication that sends you notifications based on criteria that you select.
How Purchase Alerts Help You
- Be aware: Monitor account spending with quick text messages
- Budget management: Track purchases with limits you set
- Monitor fraud: Receive timely messages whenever certain transactions occur
Available Purchase Alert Notification Criteria
- Gas station and convenience store charges
- Declined transactions
- Foreign transactions
- Online, phone, or mail purchases
- Purchases exceeding a set amount
If you have an Amegy Visa card3
and an online banking account, follow these steps:
- Login to your online banking account.
- Click on the “Services Tab”.
- Select “Purchase Alerts”.
- Follow the simple instructions.
- Amegy Bank does not charge for Mobile Card Fraud Alerts service or Visa® Purchase Alerts service. However, standard text message and data charges from your mobile carrier may apply. Actual time to receive alert is dependent on wireless service and coverage within area. Must be enrolled in online banking to enroll in Purchase Alerts.
- Amegy Zero Liability - Cardholder is not responsible for fraudulent charges made with their card or account information as long as notification of unauthorized use to Card issuer is immediate. Does not apply to ATM or PIN transactions. Disputed transactions must post to account before provisional credit issued. For specific conditions, limitations, and other details, please call the number on the back of your card.
- Credit cards subject to credit approval. Terms and conditions apply.